Position: Next-Gen Ministry Leader - 19twenty Church in South Vancouver
20 hours per week. This is a salaried position and compensation covers all 20 hours that is worked within a week. This position is offered as a 1 year contract which may lead to part time employment agreement. They will report to Pastor Jarno Karjanlahti.
The ministry leader will be placed in charge to lead the church’s next generation ministry by the overseeing of the pastoral staff. This ministry leaders focus will be on reaching and discipling pre-teen and teenaged children both from the church and the community. They will be responsible for leading and organizing ministry opportunities for pre-teen/teenaged children at 19twenty Church. They will be expected to include the families of youth in planning next-gen/youth events and build a ministry strategy.
The worker will also be involved in church wide events including Sunday morning gatherings and special events such as our Loon Lake Kids’ Summer Camp.
Successful applicant will be expected to agree with the church’s statement of faith.
- Contribute in helping develop the vision for next-gen ministries.
This will include:
- Plan, organize and lead Friday night and other youth events.
- Work with and lead volunteers in next-gen ministries.
- Sunday morning gatherings.
- Plan and teach the pre-teen Sunday School class.
- Assist with curriculum planning for Sunday School.
- Help with tasks of developing and maintaining Sunday school spaces.
- Connecting with youth and families.
- Attend monthly Leadership Team meetings.
- Follow and implement the church’s Plan to Protect policy.
Qualities of a successful applicant:
- Demonstrates a God given calling and passion for Next-Gen Ministries.
- Strong servant-leadership skills.
- Is creative and possess problem-solving skills.
- Possess clear communication skills
- Preferably is able to play an instrument (e.g., a guitar and/or a piano) and lead singing.
- Team building skills.
- Preferably has completed courses/schooling related to church youth ministries.
- Preferably has prior experience in working with youth/children in a church setting.
- Exhibits an understanding and desire to serve under the vision and mission of 19twenty Church.
- Is willing to pursue credentials with the Pentecostal Assemblies of God.
If you would like to apply for this open position send your CV and a short (3-4 min.) video clip telling about yourself and why you are interested in youth ministry to email@example.com