COVID-19: Plan for Reopening of Public Services
Hey everyone, we are super excited to be reopening our church doors for Sunday morning worship service. We will do our best to follow provincial guidelines to keep everyone social distancing and safe. I would like to mention right away that we will not be having school at this during our services. Please read the below what you can expect when you come to the church for our worship service.
Updated May 21, 2020
All Attendees of Services are to Follow these Rules:
- Don’t attend the public meetings if you are experiencing:
- Running nose
- Sore throat
- No handshaking or hugs.
- Stay 2 meters away from others (excluding your family members – who need to stay together).
- Leave the building shortly after the meeting is finished.
- Practice good hygiene, including:
- Immediate hand washing when coming in the church building
- Regular hand wash as needed
- Avoiding touching your face
- Covering coughs and sneezes with shirt sleeves and not hands
- Do not cross physical barriers and ensure only one person is in each bathroom at a time.
We Will Provide as Safe an Environment as Possible, Ensuring that:
- The building is clean and that frequently touched surfaces (e.g., door handles and railings) are sanitized prior to each event.
- All attendees are reminded to follow the above Rules, verbally and with written notice.
- Engineered controls are in place – physical barriers and visible signs to help people in distancing measures. These include, but are not limited to:
- No fellowship in the hallways
- One person at the time in the washrooms
- Signs on the floor for traffic directions
- Signs in the pews for seating and special arrangement of chairs in the fellowship hall
- Guidelines for navigating tight corridors
- No food services are provided in the building.
- Attendance records are kept for each service.
- A maximum of 50 people are allowed in each service.
- Services are roughly 1 hour long.
- No two congregations occupy the building at the same time.
- Hand sanitizer stations are provided in key locations.
- No Sunday School classes/separate small group events where distancing cannot be ensured take place until permitted under the BC Restart Plan.